Eligibility & Instructions
Centralized Counseling for M.Tech. Admissions, 2013
Eligibility, Allotment and Reporting: brief instructions
- Eligibility criteria for admission to M.Tech./M.Plan. In the qualifying degree a candidate MUST obtain minimum aggregate (i) 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% (where CGPA is not awarded) for OC/OBC (ii) 6.0 CGPA or 55% (where CGPA is not awarded) in case of SC/ST candidates.
- In case of results awaiting candidates, provisional admission is permitted to a subject to meeting above benchmark by 15th September of the year of session.
- Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice versa even if given by individual institute will not be considered/allowed.
- Reservation for OBC, SC, ST & PWD will be as per Central Govt. of India norms.
- The student can submit two applications if he/she has two GATE score cards (one of 2012 and another 2013). Both the applications must be linked, failing which, both applications may be cancelled.
- During online application form filling, a candidate can exercise filling his choice of preference of M.Tech./M.Plan. programmes available in various institutes. These choices will be locked by candidate, and if not done, will get automatically locked on 22 May 2013, midnight. A candidate having filled none of the choices, will be out of allotment procedure permanently.
- There will be an application fee of Rs. 1500/- (OC/OBC) or Rs. 1000/- (SC/ST) for participation in CCMT which once paid, is neither refundable nor adjustable towards fee for program at the final allotted institute.
- Application fee is payable (i) online (Debit/Credit/net-banking) (ii) offline (e-challan of ICICI Bank).
- During first time reporting, each candidate MUST report in PERSON and produce all original documents at reporting centre, failing which her/his candidature will stand cancelled.
- There will be four rounds of allotment/reporting. Candidate NOT satisfied with his/her respective allotted seat, will have to SURRENDER such seat in order to participate in the 4th round. All un-allottee and those who have surrendered seats will be eligible for consideration for 4th round allotment.
- In addition to four rounds, there may be an on-SPOT admission to be conducted by each Institute individually. Those Candidates, who have received an allotment in any of the previous rounds, and desirous of being considered in SPOT sound, will have to withdraw from already allotted seat.